Wednesday, February 10, 2016

And Fieldwork Begins...

Today was the first day of fieldwork for group one! Group one conducted a direct lesson. Overall the group did very well. Their presentation focused on biomes and the ecosystem. Watching today's class definitely makes me very nervous to teach. I hope that our group doesn't run out of time like this group did and I also hope that we teach long enough! One really hard part about planning lessons is time management. It is almost impossible to predict exactly how long the lesson will take because glitches and questions may come up that can cause the lesson to take longer. On the other hand the group can work too fast and the lesson can end too quickly. I think that I will suggest that my group has an extra piece just in case we end too early. An important part of this fieldwork experience is bettering ourselves. From watching group one today I learned some useful techniques such as hand signals for attention. One thing I did notice was that the group's slideshow was very hard to see.
I would have used more contrasting colors and will make sure to do so in my own powerpoint when I teach. Overall they showed a lot of confidence and spoke clear and loud to the class. They also were very knowledgeable about their topic and you could tell that they put a great amount of time and hard work into their lesson. I wish I just got to see their plans for the guided practice! Hopefully on Thursday :) 

Here is the link to my observations of direct instruction of group 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment